Monday, April 26, 2010

Interview

I had an interview with a Pre-School K3 teacher, Ms.Joyce Palmer on April 13, 2010. The following are some of the questions I asked her:

Q. "Ms.Joyce, what does being technological literate mean to you?"
A. "Being able to use the computer and other types of technology"

Q. "Are you able to use the computers in your classroom or any other classes you have taught?"
A. No. The daycares that I have worked at never have had a computer classroom. There is however a lady that comes in once a week and takes a group of the children with her and there she teaches them the basics of a computer."

Q. "If there was a computer class for you to take your children to, would you use it? And if so, what would you teach?"
A. "I cannot say that I would. I need someone to teach me how to use it!"

Q. "Do you think it is important for elementary teachers to be technological literate and incorporate the use of computers in the classroom?"
A. "I think it would be wonderful for children to learn how to use computers at school and in the classroom."

Ms.Joyce has been a teacher for the past 40 years. She is now 64 and is still working with children. Her favorite age group is the three and four year olds. I have had the privilege to work with her for the past year and she is such an inspiration to me. She doesn't know much about technology but is very open to new ideas in her classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment