Monday, April 19, 2010

Week 13 Post

The Zax
I feel that using technology in the classrooms is something that some teachers have a hard time adjusting to. Most teachers that are currently in the school system have been doing the same routine day in and day out and are very comfortable doing their lesson. Some teachers get out of their comfort zone when trying to deal with something they are unsure about-such as technology. But, the other teachers who choose to be the opposite of the Zax, are going to notice a difference in the students when they start using technology in the classrooms. Hopefully, when I become a teacher, I will be comfortable getting out of my comfort zone and venture off in something new and exciting for both myself and my students.\


PS22 Chorus

This video was so touching to me. First of all, I am a big Stevie Nicks fan and love that song! Second, those kids sang with such emotion! Their faces were showing how much they were emotionally connected with that song, it was beautiful. And the fact that Stevie saw that online and wanted them to come sing with her is amazing! What a great way to inspire the students to keep pursuing what they love to do. And posting on the web proves this point. When we post something on the web, it is mostly available for anyone to see, even the famous singers! By watching this video, I am really going to incorporate my student's talents in some type of video and post them online, who knows what could happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment